There is almost nothing worse than dingy apartment building hallways, depressing lobbies,dismal laundry rooms or scary parking lots. Sometimes these problems are just a matter of lighting.
LED (light emitting diode) lighting is a semiconductor device that emits visible light when an electric current passes through it, converting electricity into light. LED lights are energy efficient, and last up to 10 times longer than fluorescents or incandescent.
A lot of apartment buildings have a lot of soft light or yellow light, but by replacing the old bulbs with LED lighting, you get a very bright and clean ambiance. This is especially effective when you use LED lighting in multi-family dwellings, or high-rise buildings. It is possible to hire a company that specializes in planning and installing new construction LED lighting projects.
Retro fitting the light fixtures in a building with LED’s will also save a great deal of money, as the use much less electricity than traditional bulbs. Also, a lot of apartment buildings don’t meet legal requirements for proper lighting in hallways or stairwells. This can be remedied by installing LED’s.
There are even third parties that will conduct lighting tests to determine an apartment building’s lighting needs. A plan is presented to the property owner that shows LED lighting can save significant energy and money.
Many of the fixtures the company installs have a 10-year guarantee. That means a maintenance person doesn’t have to touch a fixture in a common hallway for a decade.
Here are some of the other advantages of LED lighting in apartment buildings:
- Green lighting, safe and environmentally friendly.
- Significant saving on electricity and maintenance (saves 50%-90%)
- This lighting combines design and comfort and enhances asset value
- LED strips lighting designed for staircases, building entrances and parking areas
- LED lighting does not heat up, using almost all the energy to produce light
- This lighting does not heat up, it is safe and efficient LED strips allow tenants leave the lights on every night in the building entrance or the staircase without worrying about electricity bills.