Values: Honesty, Family, Pride in work, sense of humour.
With over 40 years in business, Braden Equities Inc. is one of Edmonton premier property management companies. Responsible for a portfolio with over 170 individual projects and estimated value of 1.5 billion dollars under management.
A family-owned business with strong passion for excellence, high quality service and real estate management expertise. Over 100 years of combined experience, performance driven, dedicated and passionate team of Property Managers.
Our management style is custom tailored to the unique needs of each one of our clients, we work to ensure each project is treated with care and attention it deserves. We pride ourselves in having the best staff in the industry backed by strong, proven management systems/ procedures, to deliver superb results and service.
Over the past year our company has grown by 30% and we have no plans on stopping. This opens up new opportunities for our team to continue to grow. Expect a light, energetic team atmosphere that focuses on results. We operate mainly in Edmonton but also in other communities such as Red Deer, Cold Lake, Edson and more.
This position has changing working hours due to the requirement for evening meetings during the week with our clients. You can expect on being in the office around 70% of the time and onsite at properties the other 30%.
On any given week you will manage around 50-100 new tasks which you will need to either complete or delegate. Daily emails and phone calls will be normal and communication with each client will occur periodically depending on the client and what is currently happening the building.
You can expect that at least 1-2 times per week, you will have a night time digital meeting with clients to review the performance of the building and get decisions made by the Board of Directors. Client meeting scheduling is within complete control of the Property Manager and is based on their availability and schedule.
We have standard 8:00 - 4:30 working hours, however there is a degree of flexible for licenced Property Managers depending on weekly schedule and demands. After 1 year more flexible hours are allowed along with work from home flexibility.
Every week you will work with our team and find creative ways to help each client. The ultimate goal is to maintain a good relationship with each Board while ensuring financial success at each property.
Each Property Manager will also have their own dedicated full time office administrative assistant working with them on the portfolio.
Who is Right for the Job?
An open-minded professional who enjoys a challenging fast-paced environment. This person will be driven, energetic and will go above and beyond for their customers and clients.
Successful Property Managers are dedicated to delivering excellent resident service, while building relationships through regular communication. Ensuring issues and concerns are managed in a timely, professional manner, ensuring long-term relationships.
If you thrive in managing people and truly making a difference to over 750 Residents, then this position is for you! You will not only have the opportunity to manage operations of many condominium units; you will also be investing time and care into providing value to your Board’s and properties.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the condominium common property. First point of contact for all aspects of maintenance and operations of all facilities.
- Ensure all condominium corporation policies and procedures are effectively communicated and implemented.
- Possess a strong understanding of property accounting and the ability to interpret financial data.
- Assist the Board of Directors as needed in the development and preparation of variety of budgets, financial reports, contracts, expenditures, and purchase orders related to the common property. Assist in preparation and publication of the annual budget, forecasts, and plans.
- Assist in the development of capital replacement budgets for the property, includes contributions towards a 5–10-year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensuring that all the condominium owners/ tenants are 100% satisfied with our services is one of the key priorities, so having a strong relationship building and problem-solving skills is a must.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, combined with strong communication skills both written, and oral are keys to success.
The Property Manager is not only responsible for the day-to-day operations of the property but also the long-term financial and physical well being.
Skills, Knowledge, and Proficiencies
- Minimum 1-3 years of direct Condominium management experience an asset, but not required and/or minimum 4 years of management experience (in any field)
- Bachelor degree in business or related fields from an accredited Collage or University is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Driver’s License, vehicle and clean drivers abstract
- Flexible work availability
- Ability to build relationships with customers and clients
- Problem solving and decision-making ability, critical thinking with sound judgement
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and willing to learn, while being open to improve
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure, time-constraints and changing environments
- Holds or willing to pursue a valid Condominium Management License through RECA.
We offer competitive earning potential, a family-friendly team environment and great benefits. You will have the opportunity to build your career and experience and help many individuals along the way. Let’s get started!
Back to All